ervTimeAtt* application is the main application group for collecting data from the terminal's and generating reports. Basic software version works on Windows platform (we recommend that you install a time and attendance system on modern 64-bit Windows operating system) and consist of three main and five additional parts:
1. ervManager: used to manage database
2. ervServer: used to collect data from terminals
3. ervClient: used to manage data and generate reports for Time&Attendance
4. ervWeb: used to view events with a web-browser
5. ervUSBTerm: used to check in/out one or more employees via any PC or laptop. It can be expanded with the camera, so it can also capture the employee image.
6. ervElevate: used to start application under Windows user account
7. ervTimeClock: used as terminal for time and attendance on Android
8. ervTimeView: used for events view on Android
ervManager and ervServer are installed on one computer in the network usually together with the database. The Computer that has the database installed must have a static IP address. ervManager is used to create an empty database for time and attendance, as well as automatically back up data to an encrypted file that can only be accessed by the system administrator. Creating backups is something that is desirable to do as often as possible.
ervClient can be installed on more than one computer. With the correct configuration, it is possible to access the database from all computers in the network. With ervClient you can have "mini" records of your employee's data and generate various reports. ervClient has pre-configured default reports that cannot be modified, but if you need a completely different report, you can create a new report using the standard one's as a basis. This newly generated report can be further customized to the user's needs.
ervTimeAtt* is the standard software for Windows platform, which supports the latest versions of the database and runs in a network environment, so from this derives the general conditions that a computer should meet:
64-bit Windows operating system, Windows 7 SP1 and newer
Intel i3 or AMD Athlon processor, clocked at 2 and more GHz (with 2 or more cores) and better
DDR3 RAM and faster
If you use the video surveillance capturing process then HD with some larger capacity
As an underlying structure for storing and retrieving data, the user can choose MySQL or MariaDB database. Given that MariaDB was created by experienced MySQL creators and is currently strongly supported by the "open source" community, we believe it can be a very good choice for all users of our software. From us or our distributors you will always receive a customized version of the selected database that suites the needs of the ervTimeAtt program.
All modern computers will have no problems running the Time&Att software. For faster data processing, we recommend using an SSD hard drive. In the pdf file about frequently asked questions you can see additional information about the use of the system, as well as the recommended number of terminals and the method of configuration.
Installation program can be run on various languages, it's simplified as much as possible. Simply by pressing the button "Next" you will be offered to install ervTimeAtt* Server and/or Client part and possible extensions. Select options regarding yours needs. After installation of ervTimeAtt* are also installed automatically libraries needed to work with terminals.
To run the time and attendance software under a Windows user account, you must enter the administrator password each time. In this case, the administrator password is known to system users, which reduces security.
Using the ervElevate application, the system administrator can enter the password only once, the password is hidden from the user, and starting the ervTimeAtt* application is very simple.
ervTimeAtt software versions
With constant software updates, you can be sure that you will always be able to solve any problem in the easiest and fastest way. We add new features and updates to new software versions, so we always recommend that you have the latest version. All information about the current version of the software, as well as changes in older versions, you can see in our change list.
We remind - since version 5.0
- Android applications. Two new applications running on the Android operating system. ervTimeClock, an application for time and attendance in the field or from home. ervTimeView, an application for simple view of events.
- new report type za računanje prekovremenih u danu. Računanje do tri nivoa prekovremenih.
We remind - since version 4.0
- 64-bit version. This version is not compatible with 32-bit Windows OS. Switching to a 64-bit application has increased the speed of all parts of the ervTimeAtt system.
- support for MariaDB database. Given that MariaDB was created by experienced MySQL creators and is currently strongly supported by the "open source" community, we believe it can be a very good choice for all users of our software.
- splited events by year, each previous year is now an automatic data archive, loading only the active year further automatically speeds up software and system administrators have better control of possible errors.
- support for new firmware for iGuard terminals.
- new dll for communication with terminals enables new functions and more stable operation.
- fully optimized reports for better xls export.
- possibility to use the ervElevate application on Windows with a user account, makes it easier to run all parts of the program and eliminates the need to constantly enter the administrator password.
- possibility to use the application ervUSBTerm for individual or collective time and attendance calculation of working hours via computer.
- reading the ID card of the employee if the ID card has a chip. The data now does not have to be entered manually, it is enough to load it from the ID card with one click.
- many new functions: selection of time format in reports, query optimization, DPI scaling, compression and encryption of database backup, automatic backup, display of terminal memory usage, better compatibility with anti-virus programs, improved stability...
Note for older versions
Due to major improvements and differences that allow better user experience and easier data processing, we are not able to provide technical support for major software versions 3.x and older!
We remind - since version 3.0
Report designer. You have the possibility to change the appearance of the report (add/delete columns, font, size, color...) This option is unlocked for all users of the software. All usage details about report designer can be found at: Fast Report. The User can create his own reports, with the help of on-line instructions. For this option we do not provide technical support. Practice has shown that many people in the IT sector knows how to use these advanced options, or can quickly master them. Instead of technical support, we can create the desired report with a minimum fee. The amount of this fee depends on the time required to produce a report defined by the customer.
We remind - since version 2.0
- possibility to define event types
- integration of ZKTeco C3 controller
- new report type, carnet - monthly and shorted
- new report type with additional data - start of shift, end of shift, earlier departures from work
- possibility to define privileges for low-level-admins of type User
- many new functions: night work, improved absence processing, http collection of events and images from the terminal, dynamic translation and reports, predefined notes for events, time schedule for data collection