UPS02, uninterruptible power supply
To reduce the risks of power failures and even voltage fluctuations in the electrical network, we recommend the use of safety devices such as uninterruptible power supplies. They have the same function as UPS for computer systems only they are adapted to the access control and time and attendance systems.
The battery that comes with the uninterruptible power supply charges and stores energy while the uninterruptible power supply is connected to the AC power source. In the event of a power failure, terminals continue to operate normally. Depending on the load, the energy in the batteries provides autonomy for continuous operation of the terminal from 2h to 2 days.
System with uninterruptible power supply has the following characteristics:
- Multi-hour uninterruptible power supply to the terminal when a power failure occurs
- Automatically switch to battery power when power goes out
- Continuity and preservation of the process of recording employee events, as well as labor productivity
- Protecting the terminal from voltage fluctuations in the electrical network
Uninterruptible power supply UPS02 characteristics:
- CE certificate
- EMC: EN55032 (CISPR32) Class B, EN61000-3-2,3
- Operating temperature: -20 °C to +60 °C
- Input voltage and frequency range: 85 ~ 264 VAC, 47 ~ 63 Hz
- Enables voltage stabilization
- Overvoltage/undervoltage protection
- Short circuit and overload protection
- Protection against incorrect battery connection
- Built-in temperature compensation function
- LED indicator
- Output voltage detection signal
- Potentiometer for additional voltage regulation +15% -5%
- Dimensions: (LxWxH) 260x210x80 mm
- Weight (with 12V/7Ah battery): ~3.8kg
Installation and connection of uninterruptible power supply
To connect the uninterruptible power supply to the event log terminal, you need to use a cable with at least one pair (two conductors). In practice, the use of the PPL 2x0.75 stranded cable has proven to be the best (one conductor consists of many twisted thin copper wires that allows it excellent flexibility and pliability during installation and mounting), but any other similar installation cable can be used, such as JY(St)Y 1x2x0.8 with a conductor that has a single, rigid wire with a diameter of 0.8 mm. These cables are suitable for use in dry rooms. When choosing the diameter of the conductor, the distance between the power supply and the terminal should be taken into account so that the voltage drop on the route is not too great, and we note that the uninterruptible power supply also has a potentiometer that can be used to compensate for up to 15% of the voltage drop over long distances.
You can see the principle of connecting terminals S880 and SC103 in the terminal connection diagram with uninterruptible power supply, with a note that this diagram is also applicable to other types of terminals.
During installation, it is important to correctly connect the conductors, taking into account the polarity of the voltage. The terminal comes with a connector that has two wires, red and black. Also, attention should be paid in the same way when connecting the battery, i.e. the red wire goes to the plus(+), positive, and the black or blue wire to the minus(-), negative contact on the battery.